Close Menu
cvnznews.com
  • Home Page www.cvnznews
  • About Us
  • Statement of Faith
  • Editorial Policy
  • Contact us
What's Hot

Willis Swings the Axe: Nearly 9000 Public Service Roles to Go

May 19, 2026

U.K. pastor’s prosecution suggests “creeping censorship”

May 19, 2026

Shoppers May Have Cut Back, But Still Spending

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
cvnznews.com
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
cvnznews.com
Home»World»Trump labels Iran’s counter-offer to US proposals to end the war ‘garbage’
World

Trump labels Iran’s counter-offer to US proposals to end the war ‘garbage’

BBC News ServiceBy BBC News ServiceMay 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

US President Donald Trump has warned Iran the “clock is ticking” as talks to bring the war to an end have stalled.

“They better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them,” he wrote on his Truth Social platform. “TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!”

The message came as the president spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday, the Times of Israel reported, citing Netanyahu’s office.

Iranian media meanwhile reported the US had failed to make any concrete concessions in its response to Tehran’s latest proposals to end the conflict.

A lack of compromise from Washington would lead to an “impasse in the negotiations”, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported.

Trump’s message echoed his threat that a “whole civilisation” would die unless Iran agreed to a deal to end the war, shortly before the ceasefire was announced in early April.

The president warned earlier this week that truce was on “massive life support” after rejecting Tehran’s demands, labelling them “totally unacceptable”.

Esmail Baghaei, an Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson, insisted they were “responsible” and “generous”.

According to Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency, they included an immediate end to the war on all fronts – a reference to the continued Israeli attacks against Iran-supported Hezbollah in Lebanon – a halt to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports, and guarantees of no further attacks on Iran.

They also reportedly included a demand for compensation for war damage and an emphasis on Iranian sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz.

Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency said on Sunday that Washington had set five conditions in response to Tehran’s proposal.

They reportedly included a demand that Iran keep only one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the US.

Trump suggested on Friday that he would accept a 20-year suspension by Iran of its nuclear programme – a major sticking point between the two countries – in what appeared to be confirmation of a shift in position away from a demand for a total end to it.

Israeli and US forces began massive air strikes on Iran on 28 February. The ceasefire meant to facilitate talks has largely been observed despite occasional exchanges of fire.

Iran has also continued to control the Strait of Hormuz, effectively closing the vital waterway through which around 20% of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas travels.

The move, which Iran has said is in retaliation for US and Israeli attacks, has sent oil prices soaring globally.

The US, for its part, has been enforcing a blockade of Iranian ports to exert pressure on Tehran to agree to its terms.

Pakistan has been playing the role of mediator between the US and Iran, but both sides still appear to be far apart.

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Iran Trump USA
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
BBC News Service

Related Posts

WHO declares Ebola outbreak in DR Congo an international emergency

May 19, 2026

Why being spiritual but not religious eventually face plants

May 18, 2026

New Report Reveals The Brutal Truth About October 7 That Many Still Deny

May 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

CVNZ News Promo
Don't Miss
New Zealand

Willis Swings the Axe: Nearly 9000 Public Service Roles to Go

By Mike Bain/cvnznews.com and Colin Ambler/cvnznews.comMay 19, 20260 New Zealand

By Mike Bain and Colin Ambler/cvnznews.com The Government has confirmed plans for one of the…

Like this:

Like Loading…

U.K. pastor’s prosecution suggests “creeping censorship”

May 19, 2026

Shoppers May Have Cut Back, But Still Spending

May 19, 2026

Auckland Rental Enquiries Surge

May 19, 2026
Can't make a difference
CVNZ News promo
View the latest commentary about todays culture through the lens of the Bible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfzHynnZrHw&t=54s
The road
CVNZ News – Jesus Illustration Story

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

%d